Christmas Tradition Ideas
Here are some fun family Christmas tradition ideas.
1. Make a homemade gift from the heart! Handmade gifts are our favorites, because they are personal (made by you, for a specific person) and made with love. You may make handmade gifts for everyone on your list, or have everyone draw names so each person makes one special gift for another family member. The gifts may be crafty, artsy, or baked treats!
2. Decorate an ornament which can become a family keepsake! You may use a plain ball ornament and decorate it with paint, glue on ribbon or floral decorations, attach wired beads, or use a craft machine to cut adhesive vinyl words or images to adhere to the ornament. Another idea is to just "upcycle" some items from around the house to create a one-of-a-kind decorative ornament.
3. Build a snowman! Have a fun family snow event where you build a snowman, snow family, or a snow animal. Get creative finding accessories to add to your new snow friend. Then be sure to get photos of the family with your snow creation.
4. Read a Christmas story! Find some great Christmas books that you can read every year on Christmas Eve in your matching family pajamas. We recommend always including the Christmas story of Jesus' birth in the Bible. Remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas.
5. Take a family photo! Try to think outside the box and come up with some fun non-traditional poses. Capture moments of laughter during your favorite holiday experiences. It doesn't have to be everyone posing in front of a camera. While that is a good idea, don't forget to take photos of random fun moments you have along the way. While you are gathered together for Christmas, put a timer on some photo devices (like a camera or cell phone) that will capture the fun you are having together at various times.
Do you have a favorite Christmas tradition? We'd love to hear about it in the comments.
Another Christmas tradition idea is to give anonymous gifts! If you are looking for a Secret Santa gift, a Secret Sister gift, or a just a gift you want to send anonymously as a random act of kindness - we can help you with that! Find out more here: Secret Sister Gifts
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
My name is Alice, and I love blessing other women through encouraging cards and gifts!