There are so many ways that you will benefit from being a Secret Sister! I'm not even talking about the excitement of getting gifts or notes from someone else, though that is pretty special. I am referring to how it is refreshing to be a blessing to someone else who doesn't even know it's you who is doing it! You have the opportunity to be planting seeds of kindness into her life at a time that she might be needing that encouragement most in her life. Often we do not even realize how impactful our thoughtfulness is, but it may leave a lifelong memory for that person. Like, "God's love was poured out on me that year through my Secret Sister, and she didn't even know the personal struggles I was going through." God can use you to make a difference in her life.
This has been my business-ministry strategy from the beginning, even when I send gifts and cards anonymously to your Secret Sister on your behalf - I try to make it as beautiful and special as I can so she will be wowed when she opens it. My thoughts are, "This is going to the most important person in the world!" EVERY SINGLE TIME to EVERY SINGLE PERSON! I want to encourage you to be the best Secret Sister you can be, and treat her as if she's the most important person in the world (she is a daughter of the King and God's "masterpiece" - like you - ALL of us being equally and fully loved by Him). That extra effort you put in can offer precious hope and encouragement, and be a reminder of who she is in Christ and how incredibly loved she is. Being a Secret Sister is a wonderful blessing for both of you!
You are creating a special bond with your Secret Sister through your acts of kindness. Especially when you take the time to pray for her - please don't ever let that connection end. I encourage you to keep in contact with your Secret Sister, even after the secret has been revealed. Maybe she will become a forever friend.
If you aren't part of an organized Secret Sister group but would like to be, we have resources to help you start your own group (select Secret Sister Tips on the sidebar of this blog). Or you could just select a person you know (or several) who you will anonymously send uplifting notes or gifts to. It's really fun to share sisterly love, even when (or especially when) you're keeping your identity a secret.
Animal Coloring Pages
These free coloring pages are animal themed with intricate details. Download and print them below for hours of coloring fun and relaxation.
Junk Journal Art Printables
Have you ever made a junk journal? It is a handmade book with recycled materials you find to reuse in a creative way, presented in a journal book format. Include your thoughts and ideas, memories, drawings and other art forms you've created. It can be an eclectic mix of found items combined with photos, featuring your special memories. There are lots of great ideas for this craft online.
We have a free printable page which you may download below to include in your junk journal. Cut out the various art pieces to include throughout your journal. Enjoy!
Christmas Tradition Ideas
Here are some fun family Christmas tradition ideas.
1. Make a homemade gift from the heart! Handmade gifts are our favorites, because they are personal (made by you, for a specific person) and made with love. You may make handmade gifts for everyone on your list, or have everyone draw names so each person makes one special gift for another family member. The gifts may be crafty, artsy, or baked treats!
2. Decorate an ornament which can become a family keepsake! You may use a plain ball ornament and decorate it with paint, glue on ribbon or floral decorations, attach wired beads, or use a craft machine to cut adhesive vinyl words or images to adhere to the ornament. Another idea is to just "upcycle" some items from around the house to create a one-of-a-kind decorative ornament.
3. Build a snowman! Have a fun family snow event where you build a snowman, snow family, or a snow animal. Get creative finding accessories to add to your new snow friend. Then be sure to get photos of the family with your snow creation.
4. Read a Christmas story! Find some great Christmas books that you can read every year on Christmas Eve in your matching family pajamas. We recommend always including the Christmas story of Jesus' birth in the Bible. Remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas.
5. Take a family photo! Try to think outside the box and come up with some fun non-traditional poses. Capture moments of laughter during your favorite holiday experiences. It doesn't have to be everyone posing in front of a camera. While that is a good idea, don't forget to take photos of random fun moments you have along the way. While you are gathered together for Christmas, put a timer on some photo devices (like a camera or cell phone) that will capture the fun you are having together at various times.
Do you have a favorite Christmas tradition? We'd love to hear about it in the comments.
Another Christmas tradition idea is to give anonymous gifts! If you are looking for a Secret Santa gift, a Secret Sister gift, or a just a gift you want to send anonymously as a random act of kindness - we can help you with that! Find out more here: Secret Sister Gifts
Cozy Comfort Gift Ideas
Here is another free printable for your Secret Sister Group! It is for collecting "all about me" details among your group so Secret Sisters can get to know each other. These can be filled out prior to drawing names in your Secret Sister Program and then distributed to the Secret Sister who drew the name on each form. The information on the forms may be used to help Secret Sisters choose gifts and cards for their special recipients.
If you are looking for additional information about starting your own Secret Sister Group, please look through the great ideas we offer on this blog, and check out the resources available on mysecretsister.com as well!
Find Secret Sister Cards and Gifts HERE: secretsistergifts.com
Secret Sister Party Game
Here is a social "get to know each other" party game for a Secret Sister gathering! Download and print out these party game sheets for the attendees. The women should walk around asking each other questions, and fill in names as they find answers. Obviously there will be multiple possibilities for each attribute. For example, several people there will probably have a pet. Any qualifying name can be added to a person's paper on each section.
You may make your own rules, such as "no repeated names on a sheet" or if it is a smaller group, limit each name to 2 or 3 times per sheet. You should try to get more interaction within the group by having nearly everyone connecting with each other for this game.
You could offer a prize for the first person who completes the game according to your rules. But since this is just for fun, you could just have everyone play the game until everyone has completed their sheets.
This Secret Sister party game would be great for the first gathering of Secret Sisters, before they draw names. Or this could be played at your Secret Sister Reveal Party!
Print out these flower themed coloring sheets to use yourself, or host a women's coloring party!
Gifts for Summer Relaxation
We have some fun summer gifts available! Here are a couple of our top suggestions: 99 Bible Word Search Puzzles and Bible Crossword Challenge (shown below).
This journey journal is a great summer gift! Journey Bullet Journal
Of course we recommend some Bible reading this summer: The Psalms ESV
And don't forget about highlighters to go along with Bible reading: Bible Gel Highlighters Pack of 5
Spread some sunshine by sending someone special a random act of kindness!
If you are starting a Secret Sister Group and are trying to spread the word, here is a printable ad you may print and display wherever your women's group gathers!
My name is Alice, and I love blessing other women through encouraging cards and gifts!